KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 21 ― PKR’s Rafizi Ramli should stop pestering Hong Kong to reopen Datuk Musa Aman’s RM40 million graft probe, says Sabah Barisan Nasional (BN) secretary Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan, adding he will reveal official correspondence from the territory’s anti-graft agency tomorrow to prove they had closed the case of their own accord.
“I will reveal the letter from the ICAC showing that the case was
closed. I have the document that he has been hunting for... I will
reveal it in a press conference in Parliament on Thursday,” the Kota
Belud MP told The Malaysian Insider.
He was responding to Rafizi’s plan to lead a four-man mission to Hong
Kong to pressure the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC)
into reopening the graft probe against Musa and Sabah timber trader
called Rafizi an “actor” and a “hypocrite” obsessed with “political
theatrics” for organising the trip just because he refused to believe
that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and the ICAC had
investigated the matter thoroughly and dropped the case for valid
Abdul Rahman further accused Rafizi of practising double standards
for distrusting the MACC’s decision to close Musa’s case when he had
accepted the Anti-Corruption Agency’s (ACA) decision in the late 1990s
call off its probe on allegations that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim once
controlled some RM3 billion in master accounts.
“But stop, stop being an actor. This is something very serious in
nature because there is mention of the Sabah chief minister (Musa),” he
If Rafizi insists on going to Hong Kong, however, Abdul Rahman said
he will match the PKR man’s theatrics by collecting donations to fly him
to the UK, US and Singapore to dig up the dirt on the RM3 billion
allegation against Anwar.
“Dig up what happened to that RM3 billion... after you (Rafizi)
finish your business in Hong Kong, take a connecting flight to the UK,
the US and Singapore.
“If he (Rafizi) does not have money, I will take pity of him... I
will try to raise funds among Umno members, start a fund... ‘Tabung
Pembongkaran RM3 billion’ during the Umno annual general meeting next
week and get members to donate and buy him the flight tickets,” Abdul
He continued to insist that neither the ICAC nor the MACC had
violated any of their principles in ordering the probe against Musa
closed, saying both agencies had conducted a thorough investigation
before making the decision.
from the ICAC had even travelled to Sabah last year to meet personally
with Musa, who offered his full co-operation, Abdul Rahman added.
“So, subsequently, the MACC, together with the ICAC concluded that there was no case as the allegations were not sustainable.
“Now, why is it that Rafizi does not believe the MACC this time but
believed them back when they were still known as the ACA? That is the
fundamental question,” he asked.
Rafizi and three other PKR lawmakers plan to meet with the ICAC and
several Hong Kong lawmakers during their two-day trip beginning tomorrow
to determine the circumstances surrounding the ICAC’s closure of its
probe against Musa.
The PKR strategy director believes the probe may have been closed for
dubious reasons such as the agency’s failure to cajole the MACC into
co-operating with them in the case.
News portal Free Malaysia Today had quoted Hong Kong’s Director of
Public Prosecutions Kevin Zervos as saying his office would require
fresh evidence to revisit the case.
“In relation to this case, it was more of a jurisdictional matter,”
Zervos said. “Material that was obtained from Malaysia was that it was
political donations. If anything comes up now to show that this wasn’t
the case, the matter would definitely be looked into.”
At a press conference yesterday, Rafizi said the PKR team will also
file a formal request with the ICAC’s Operations Review Committee (ORC)
seeking for the case the be reopened, in light of recent developments
that he said warrants a second investigation.
Among others, Rafizi pointed to his recent exposé on the
“gratification” received by Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Aziz’s family from
Chia, which he said was suspect as the Umno minister had been the one
who first “cleared” Musa from allegations of corruption.
Chia’s alleged link with Musa first exploded in the media following
an April article by whistleblower site Sarawak Report, which had claimed
that former was caught trying to leave the Hong Kong International
Airport with the RM40 million in Singapore currency.
At the time, Chia had allegedly told the authorities that the money was meant for Musa.
The issue hit headlines again last month when Nazri told Parliament
that Musa had been cleared of corruption in the matter after Malaysian
and Hong Kong anti-graft authorities found that the money was a
“political donation” to Sabah Umno and was not meant for Musa’s personal
But in the ensuing debates on the issue, Pakatan Rakyat (PR)
lawmakers chided Nazri for declaring Musa innocent without providing
proof that ICAC had cleared the chief minister of its own volition.
According to Nazri, the ICAC had closed the case after the MACC
discovered in its probe that the money in Chia’s possession was meant
for Sabah Umno and not Musa.
After Nazri’s denial, Rafizi held a press conference in Parliament
revealing what he said was photographic evidence that Nazri had
allegedly received kickbacks from Chia to clear his name, in the form of
a RM459,000 Hummer given to his son.
Find out how to book free flights with Travel Hacking.ReplyDelete
eToro is the ultimate forex trading platform for beginning and professional traders.ReplyDelete