Sunday 4 November 2012

PI Bala threatens to bare all if MACC keeps mum

Private investigator P Balasubramaniam has threatened to expose more details of attempts to bribe him in relation to his 2008 statutory declaration (SD) linking Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak to murdered Mongolian national Altantuya Shaariibuu.

In a letter to the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC) that Malaysiakini has sighted, Balasubramaniam who is in hiding in India said the information he possesses is already in the hands of foreign journalists and would be released if the commission continues to do nothing.

"My lawyer is holding everything for me. Also foreign journalists have everything. (They are) just waiting for my instructions and then (they) will release everything.

"By then (it would be) too late. As I said, please inform me or my lawyer within seven days, otherwise I am not responsible for what happens," he wrote.

In the letter dated Nov 2, Balasubramaniam expressed frustration at MACC's inaction.

"Why is the MACC not doing anything about my case since 2008? Is it because it involves the prime minister?

"My case is very clear, you don't have to investigate much. I have already given you all the evidence you need," he wrote.

He noted that the MACC had initially asked for an interview with him in London, but had not turned up at the last minute.

Subsequently, Balasubramaniam said he had answered all of MACC's questions which were couriered to him.

"You will recall that I assisted you by answering all your questions and had my affidavit affirmed and sworn before a notary in London as you requested.

"My lawyers then personally delivered this affidavit to your office in Putrajaya in August 2010," wrote the PI.

‘Bribed to implicate PKR’


Balasubramaniam claims that some people had bribed him to get him to implicate PKR leaders, including party de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim, of paying him to commit perjury in his 2008 SD linking Najib with the murdered translator.

He said he was approached by the same people - businessman Deepak Jaikishan and a police officer by the name of Suresh - who had threatened and subsequently paid him a substantial amount, to sign a second SD to say that his first sworn statement was made “under duress’.

A key figure in the Altantuya murder controversy, Balasubramaniam fled to India with his family after signing the second SD.

Balasubramaniam later said that since then, Deepak and Suresh again approached him in April last year to bribe him to implicate PKR leaders.

In his letter to MACC, he complained, "I have given you enough time (to act), so far nothing has happened, zero.

"I am sitting here in India and cannot come back to Malaysia as I am afraid for my safety. I have got no job. How long do you think I can survive?" he wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment