According to a tweet from the NGO's offical Twitter account, CCM is requesting for copies of;
1) Financial documents for the year 2008-2011,
2) Supporting docs related to revenue and other income including bank statements from 2008 to 2011,
3) Supporting documents relating to company expenses for financial year 2008 to 2011,
4) Detailed list of administrative expenditure for financial year 2008 to 2011,
5) Detailed information on company activities for financial year 2008 to 2011.
The officials served three notices one each to Suara Inisiatif Sdn Bhd (Suaram's corporate vehicle) and its two directors, under Section 7(b)(2) of the Companies Act 1965 requiring Suaram officers to present the documents to CCM's office at KL Sentral by Monday next week.
The inspection came after several pro-BN NGOs came forward to question why Suaram, a human rights NGO is registered as a corporate entity with CCM.
They also questioned the almost RM1 million recorded as earnings by the company from 2008 to 2011, asking that it be accounted for.
[More to follow]